What should I do before a home cleaning service?
While we will do all the hard work, you have some work to do too before we come to clean your home. You don't have to tidy up your whole house, but we would suggest doing some basic preparation -
- Vacuum your carpets and upholstery if possible - Yes, even though the professionals are coming - your small vacuuming can help you to see more details and identify places that need some extra attention.
- Remove fragile items from area to be cleaned - If you have something you wish to keep safe, you should put it away in a place which will not be cleaned (a closet, another room, or any other safe area). While we hire the most professional techs who are very gentle and attentive, even they sometimes make mistakes. You have a vase that you care for? A lamp that cost several thousand dollars? Store it away while the cleaning is in process. It won't be in the way, and you won't be anxious.
We are insured and guarantee to prevent damages to your home, but why not be careful in the first place?
- Put away anything that might come in the way. Small chairs, stools, coffee tables and anything that might get in the way should be moved. If it's lightweight, we will probably be able to move it ourselves. If it's heavy-weight, you'll have to have it moved prior to our arrival due to insurance and liability - we do not allow our employees to move heavy stuff so they don't break it or worse - break their backs.
If you don't move it beforehand, most carpet cleaners (and us included) will be able to clean around it, and not under it.
- Check your carpets and furniture carefully - so you know where to point our attention. You want a stain removed? There's a discoloration on the sofa? Let us know. We would do our best to attend to these needs.
- Let your family know we're coming, and that we are nice people. They should be ready for noise and some moving around, especially if you're getting the whole house cleaned.
- If you have pets, they should be out of the house. In addition, if there are any pet urine stains, or you want extra attention to the pet's living area, please clear it and a 2-foot radius around the area. We would need to use stronger solutions and detergents to clean it.
If you have any questions or you need any additional information don't hesitate to contact us. We'd be more than happy to talk to you and explain everything we can. You can learn the different ways to book an appointment with Hippo Cleaning Services, or call us directly 832-582-1031
Have more questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions Page